Hello, hello, and hello!!!! Annyeong! Forgive me for my lateness in addressing all these awards that I have been receiving lately… And I’m guessing I will make someone really, really mad after seeing this post! Why? Because I may missed replying theirs… If I do, please forgive me and let me know so I will address yours immediately. My life has been hectic since January 1. Although I have managed to watch tons of dramas and now squeezing a kpop trip, my excuse to ignore these awards is unacceptable! I started to work on this post since May 17 and I’m determined to answer these questions as fast as possible! Now, here are the rules and they are pretty unified throughout the awards!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
The first award is Sunshine Award by Hana of DramaJjang! Thank you, Hana and I think I should thank Kwon as well since you both are the engine for this blog.
Anyway, here are my responses to your questions:
1. What was the first drama you watched and how you ended up watching it?
Wow, this is hard to answer. I started watching dramas when I was 6 or 7 years old. This was three decades ago so I couldn’t vividly remember the title of the drama nor what drama it was. It could be either Cantonese or Japanese drama. The drama always aired during my dinner time and that’s how I started my addiction to watching dramas *wink*.
2. Was there a drama/movie you felt described your life or your situation the most, or a character of the drama/movie you felt he/she was a lot like you at a certain period of time?
Hmmmm, not that I recall. My life is pretty boooooooring, no one wants to make a movie or drama out of it *giggles*
3. What time of the day you enjoy watching dramas/movies the most?
I’m extremely active and my mind is on full throttle in the morning so that’s when I usually watch my dramas :)
4. Favourite food/sweets to eat while watching dramas/movies.
I hardly eat while watching dramas or movies. But yes, I have eaten my lunch or dinner while watching but not too often now.
5. Did you change your fashion style after getting into Asian culture? If you did, how you changed?
Nope, because I don’t think it’s practical. People might think I’m crayyyyyyyyzy!
6. Do you ever feel that drama/movies boyfriends makes it hard to choose a boyfriend in real life because of the perfection.
Oh yes! Even as a married woman, I started to view my husband differently *giggles*. Too late now…. Damn you, drama! *fist air*
7. Choose a song that describes your life now.
I can’t think of any at the moment… Too many that could describes my life. Hmmm, how about SHINee’s Life *giggles*.
8. What’s your favourite movie of all times and why?
Kingdom of Heaven. Have you seen it?
9. Did you read as a kid, what books do you remember and why?
I read a lot of books. I don’t read as much today sadly as I lost interest after I had my son. But when I was a kid, I love reading Sweet Valley High series.
The next nomination is by Aidazen of I Dreamed A Drama! Thank you, Aida… Although I’m a bit confused, did you nominate me for Sunshine or Sisterhood Award? Or both? Can I be greedy and accept both? *wink* *giggles*. I love awards so…
Here are my answers to Aida’s questions:
#1. I half-coined a saying which goes thus: drama biases come and go…but great kdramas stay forever. Which words of wisdom could you share, inspired from your interest in kdramas?
Wow, this is definitely deep, chingu. I’m not sure if there are any good kdrama wisdom I could share much but I do know one thing – never watch dramas based on an actor alone. You’ll end up disappointing yourself when he or she did not meet your expectation.
#2. Blogging about kdramas is my little happy place, a PTSD pill of sorts and just a little way to express what kdramas have brought to blossom within my deepest depths. If you blog about kdramas, tell us the positive side of things or negative as the case may be. What is kdrama blogging to you?
Blogging is a room to escape from my real life. My real life is hectic. I’m a working mom. So blogging is my medium to let go of my real-life world and turn myself into a fangirl of dramas, movies and music *wink*
#3. A good kdrama OST can go a long way – that’s another phrase I coined *wink*. Some songs from kdrama OSTs stick around long after the drama has faded from your heart or mind. Which one song in a Kdrama do you think perfectly suited the moments or scenes in the drama they were used? Hint: mine is from Birth of a Beauty titled Dazzling by Lee Hae Na. I love that song!
Oh my goodness, this is tough! There are many kdrama OSTs that I love, love, love!!!! And all were well suited with the scenes… Here is one of it:
#4. Every one hates a sad ending but even worse is a bad ending!! Kdramas can be guilty of those especially when it hits you out of nowhere. For example in my case, Sword and Flower and more recently Jang Hyuk’s Shine or Go Crazy. Which drama finale past or present has got you screaming Noooooo! Or you wish you could change? (minus any major spoilers, just the title of the drama would do =)
Bad Guy. The ending put me to silence for days. I just can’t. I can’t. *tears* But I wouldn’t say it was a bad ending though but certainly disappointed me till today… They should keep the main lead alive!
#5. Who was your first kdrama crush male or female? And is the crush still the same today or do you have a new one? If so who is it and why? (so many questions in one question sawry)
Wow, this is hard. My current crush is Yoo Seung Ho but previously I was so in love with Bae Yong Jun. He’s hardly on screen now. Too bad. Look at him…. The man age really well!
#6. Which kdrama actor male or female do you think hasn’t reached their full potential? Considering roles or dramas. What do you think they should do differently? They could be established actors or upcoming.
I can’t believe you’re making me think! My vote is on Park Ki Woong. He actually has reached his full potential but constantly getting a second male lead. I’m not quite sure why because when I saw him on Bridal Mask, he was great but then downgraded in Full House 2. I think he is suitable in melo or action type drama. I hope he choose wisely when he is done serving his duty.
#7. Mind control. How bad (or not) is your kdrama addiction? Have you done 48 hr binges on finishing a single drama? Have you gone raw a few times (watching a drama raw, no subtitles possibly minutes after the episode drops on streaming sites) This is assuming you don’t speak/understand Korean. So how bad is it? (you can rate it from 1 to 10.)
How bad? Extremely bad! My friend, Michele, calls me an addict. I, sometimes, watch it on the train, in the shower, in the kitchen and sometimes, in the office (only when I’m not busy). Gone raw? This is nothing new. I watch raw daily dramas all the time but I’m lucky that after years of watching, I understand 65% of it. To rate myself though, I don’t want to put it as badly as others because I don’t sit and watch more than 8 hours so I’ll rate myself a 6. That’s generous, right? *wink*
#8. This is almost identical to the last question, but still humor me. What’s the worst thing kdramas made you do to yourself? Like losing sleep, forgetting to feed your pets, or do your homework, study for a life-changing exam….the list is endless. Share one?
Losing sleep, definitely.
#9. This question is about me. Taking a look at my blog what changes or improvements could I use to make this a better, relevant place? Some of the best tips I’ve discovered are from fellow bloggers pointing them out for which I continue find indispensable.
Do you have MyDramaList account? Maybe you should put it on your blog. This way, you readers could know how did you rate your dramas :)
#10. Ten questions are a lot! Thanks for making it this far. So what is the one question no one has ever asked you, but you wished they had? And what would your answer be?
You’re welcome! I think others have cover it all. :)
Thank you, apqaria for my first Liebster Award! This is totally unexpected! I will do my best and answer all your questions ^^
1. What drama/movie do you watch to cheer you up?
At the moment, it is Goong! I love that classic drama! It’s forever my cheer go-to drama *wink*
2. What made you feel the urge to start blogging?
I just want to document what I have seen, to be honest, but sometimes I have this urge of blogging music I like too. And also… *clears throat* a little bit of stalking *giggles*.
3. Do you follow a schedule for your drama watching and blogging?
Nope, I’m not bound by any. I watch and blog whenever I feel like but I definitely blog a drama before it ends. I like it that way.
4. What is the first thing attract you to watch a drama/movie? (Cast, Story, ….Etc)
My own feeling. I don’t fall for cast nor story, but if I feel like watching it, I just watch.
5. What is the weirdest dream you had recently?
Instead of being chased, I was chasing zombie! Apparently the zombie was afraid of me! I wonder why… hmmm.
6. Are you a big eater? And what is your favorite dish?
Yes! I eat all the time and now paying the price of this muffin top! *cries* I love anything with eggs but my favorite is eggs in spicy sauce! Yummmmay!
7. Would you ever want to try dangerous sports like sky dive or bungee jump?
Done bungee jumping but have yet to sky dive. I’m not sure if I would go that extreme now that I’m a mother. Life is precious at the moment…
8. What is your favorite drama in 2015 till now? And what is the drama you are most looking forward to watch?
Kill Me, Heal Me and closely followed by Falling for Innocence. Right now, it is Orange Marmalade. I’m very interested in Yeo Jin Goo. Well, to be cleared, not because he is a cutie but I want to see how far he could take in acting. He is like living Yoo Seung Ho’s life right now… These child actors have good portfolios and Jin Goo is definitely an actor to watch.
9. If you have to choose another profession/study other than the one you have, what would that be?
Wow, I have never thought of it. I love what I do but if I have the money, I want to run a B&B. I have shared my dream with my hub and he agreed with my idea. Who knows, maybe I could have my own business one day – B&B kdrama theme *wink*.
10. Cute or Sexy?
Definitely cute! I can’t stand sexy and I don’t dress sexy. It doesn’t fit with my attitude and style.
11. Do you watch variety shows? If yes, which is your favorite?
Sadly, no. I just can’t stand it.
Next is another Sunshine Award, and it is by Kwon!!!! Thanks again for this nomination! And here are my responses to your questions:
1. Which drama bloggers you would like to meet in real life and why?
You! I think you’re very interesting person to chat with and I think we would go along pretty well! *brofist*
2. Do you like traveling? Which place has left the greatest impact on you and you would like to visit again?
I travel a lot but it can be hectic sometimes. But I do love travelling and one place where it left a huge impact on me was Cairo, Egypt. I was 15 at the time and was reading Anne Rice’s Ramses the Damned and it took my breathe away. I got to read it while visiting “him” in the museum. It felt surreal! I would love to go back to Cairo and see him.
3. Which is the movie that has scarred you gently for life?
The Ring!!!! Let’s not go there….
4. Have you ever converted a person into a drama addict from point zero?
Sadly, no! I will keep working on it :)
5. Which is the currently airing drama you’re enjoying the most? Describe it in 5 words.
Falling for Innocence! It is funny, serious, witty, bubbly, cheesy without being too cheesy and cute! (oops, the drama has ended now).
6. Which drama figure you would like to be real in order to meet him/her and why?
Whoa, this is hard. I want to be as cool and confident as Yoo In-Hye, a character played by Kim Hee-Ae in Midas. She made the world of finance extremely aggressive and powerful and I loved every bits of it.
7. Do you have the same visual fetish with South Korean graves with great view presented in dramas as me? Yes or not and why?
Hmmmm, that depends. Sometimes I just want to focus solely on the plots, I couldn’t care less of the presentation of the drama to be honest.
8. Which is the album, song and/or artist (whether it’s k-pop or not) that has recently captured your attention?
I’m currently waiting on MBLAQ’s new album but at the meantime, Sam Ku has captured my attention. Here is one of my favorite songs:
9. Which is your favorite SLS figure and why?
Funny, I don’t know what SLS means and I had to ask….. Days later, okay now I know! Second Lead Syndrome! Wow, I’m terrible, aren’t I? Hmmm, let me think… I hope you’ve seen You’re Beautiful coz I still can’t get away with Shin Woo tsk tsk tsk…
10. If you could do anything, just anything at this very moment, what would you do?
Eat and not get fat! Can I have your metabolism, please?
11. Have you ever thought of an ultra weird scenario you would like to see in a drama at some point?
You said ultra and my mind went to ultra man! Is this possible???? Ultraman versus Godzilla kdrama style??? Well, this could be the battle of mother in laws!!! *laughs*
Okay, I hope I have addressed all the questions. Now, I’m going to break the rules and nominate 5 people with my 5 cheesy questions! They are:
1. Whether you are single or married, how is your love life now that you’re hooked to Asian dramas? Is it bad, good or the same?
2. Who is your bias and if you ever get to meet him/her, what is the first question you would ask?
3. Are you a rom-com, melo or action drama person?
4. Name an idol turned actor that you currently like and why?
5. Do you download or stream drama?
Here are my nominations for this Liebster award: