Goodness gracious, I’ve been slapped with three more Liebster award noms. *shakes head* I can’t believe it! With these three, I have exceeded last year’s nominations. Whoa… I’m truly honored. Seriously honored. A big shout out and hug to Michele from the Your Daily K-Shot of Hot , Deewani from the Samsoon Down the Rabbit Hole and Redbeanmochi and Greengrassjelly, the duo from the Give Me Dramas. Thank you ladies for adding this honor to me and my growing blog.
So as a reminder, here is the condition again for getting this award…
Official Rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
I feel like I’ve known Michele forever. And it turns out we are both Taurus, that explain… I met her through kfangurl (my blog goddess) via Twitter and we have been inseparable every since. We saw two dramas together last year (Warrior Baek Dong Soo and Five Fingers) and it felt good exchanging our anxieties and loves together. Recently, she joined my fangirl club as her obsession continues from Rain to TVXQ to to MBLAQ. I love Michele to death and hopefully, we get to meet and squee this year together at MBLAQ concert *fingers crossed*
1. You are the star of your very new noona romance drama. Who is the younger man who will win your heart and how will he do it?
Oh gawd I’m not that creative on how my handsome younger man *wiggles brows* would sweep me off my feet but I certainly want it to be over the top! Yes, this noona wants hot sizzling romance that make her heart dujun dujun for life. And I’m sure by now you know who I want it to be… Yoo Seung Ho, of course! As much as I love MBLAQ GO, but I have to stay true to my first love, Seung Ho. He’s still the love of my life *winks*
2. Who do you believe is the K-star that can deliver the best and most believable kiss?
Why Yoo Seung Ho, of course! Again and again he has delivered the most believable kiss I’ve seen. Even without his kiss, the way he stares, smiles and behave around are simply irresistible not to resist.
Here’s a clip from Operation Proposal to spice up yours and my life *winks*
3. Which k-pop star who hasn’t crossed over into acting would you like to see in a drama or film?
That would be Xiah Junsu of JYJ. I saw him in a small part in the Scent of A Woman as a singer. To see him very twinkly and lovely and left singing voice in Yeon Jae’s voicemail, I knew he would be a great lead in a romance drama. Unfortunately, that was the last of him in drama. I haven’t seen him in anything else. Wae, Junsu-ah?
4. Which character from a drama (or film) would you be okay with introducing to your mother and why?
I’d put my stock on Baek Seong Jo from the Playful Kiss. He is good with the adults and he has that family attitude any parents would approve.
5. Sageuk – yay or nay?
I’m not a sageuk fan, unfortunately. I might say yes to sageuk fusion though like Warrior Baek Dong Soo. It’s hard to watch saguek and I’m not sure why. So it is nay for me even though this year, I’m giving this genre a little more love. I decided to watch 5 sageuk dramas by the end of December. Wish me luck!
6. Which K-star (drama or pop) would make you leave the comforts of your home in order to attend a fan meet?
I haven’t done this so far and I’m not sure if I could do it. I have many reasons for not to leave home and among them is my family. I can’t leave my child behind sadly. But if my k-pop group (MBLAQ) is in the country and nearby to where I am, I might do that. I have sacrificed my family last year and I may do it one more time (or two) this year, only if they meet my condition. Sigh… this fangirl is restricted by her family *sad face*
7. Do you have a genre preference (historical, melo, romcom) and if so, which and why?
Yes, I love romcom the most. I hate being serious when watching dramas since my work requires me to be serious. I want to giggle, squee and laugh and romcom seems to be the best genre that has my needs.
8. Do you have a drama watching partner? If so, who?
Partners *wink*. I have been watching with adgirl22 since early 2013 and we simulcast almost all the time together. But you know Michele, you’re now my second partner in crime in drama watching.
9. Have you ever dissed family or friends to watch K-drama (hehehehe)?
Have I ever? All the time! I feel extremely guilty saying no to Sunday brunch. I’m a sad case of losing real friends to k-drama, but on the other hand, I gain friends via Twitter. So I’m cool hehehe
10. Do you have a fave ‘ship? If so, who?
Not really. I ship whichever couple I feel it is right on the drama I watch. I’m not that picky. I’m pretty easy to be pleased.
Redbeanmochi & Greengrassjelly’s Questions:
Mochi (or is it Jelly) *omo* and I got to know each other recently via Tweeter. Forgive my aging memory but I believe we started talking of In A Good Way, a Taiwanese drama we both are currently watching. I look forward to pick up more Taiwanese dramas this year so I can squee with the ladies!
1. What got you into dramas?
It is a way of life LOL. I started watching dramas since I was 6 years old. I started with Cantonese, Japanese, Taiwanese and then Korean. I also watch other dramas whenever I travel home (Malaysia). So I am also exposed to Malay, Singaporean, Malaysian Chinese, Indonesian and Thai dramas too. One thing I refuse to watch until today is telenovela. My sister is a fan of telenovela but I just can’t. It’s too much for my heart to handle all the macho hotness *sticks her tongue out*
2. If you could have any job, what would it be?
Wow, I never thought of it because I have been very blessed with my career thus far. I really love my job and people around me know it. But if you insists, I just want to be a drama reviewer full time LOL. I get to watch dramas, comment on it and move one to more dramas. The best job ever!
3. If you could pick any character out of a drama as a significant other, who’d it be?
*facepalm* too many to pick! The perfect one? Baek Seong Joo. Why? This is exactly how my husband treat me. I kinda like it although I hate it. *giggles*
4. What do you look for in dramas?
Romance! Yeah, I’m that shallow!
5. Have you ever “converted” someone into becoming a drama addict?
No, sadly. I’ve been trying to but *sigh* fail big time. I’m not happy with myself *hangs head down*
6. If so…how many?
See answer 5 —–> fail!
7. Would you choose to live without rice for 1,000? 5,000?
You mean for money? Heck no! I eat rice almost daily. If I quit eating rice, I’ll gain weight. That’s the truth! Yeap, I don’t mind working for money.
8. Favourite Disney song?
9. Create a dating profile for a your favorite drama character.
Wow, I’m not creative as you may think I am but I’ll give it a try for a character played by Lee Soo Kyung as… Lee Soo Kyung for Let’s Eat ^^. So here goes: I’m skeptical, I’m feisty and I’m certainly not friendly. If you don’t make a good impression of yourself within the first minute we met, you’ll be on my “death list.” Until then, don’t even talk to me, say hi to me, smile to me, nothing. Oooooh, by the way, I’m a divorced woman so protecting myself is my main priority. Me! Me! Me! My dog is the love of my life and he will protect me no matter what… unless I don’t submit to his command but that’s another story. I’m not a shopper so you don’t have to spend much money in getting me winter jackets but I really, really need you to earn lots of don (qian/money) so you can buy me some delicious food. I don’t care about the place we go to as long as the food is delicious! If you think you can handle me, then maybe I’ll open up to you. In another way, yeah… good luck trying to impress me! Sincerely, *bats lashes* Soo Kyung.
10. Favourite dish/food shown in a drama?
I’ve always wanted to try bulgogi but due to my restricted diet, I can’t. Yes, that’s my favorite food shown in drama.
Deewani’s (and Bustered?) Questions:
Deewani is one cool chic. She and her blog partner, Bustered (on hiatus at the moment) operate Samsoon Down the Rabbit Hole. Let me tell you one thing about these two… They are the sources of great music! I’m especially impressed with Deewani’s playlist she created on YT. I don’t know if she can see who her followers are but hello *points at self* me! me! me! I listen to her Chinese playlist most of the time. She’s way updated in all Chinese songs that I am… *hangs head down* but you know she’s great. I miss chatting with Bustered but I guess I just need to patiently waiting for her comeback.
1. Who are some guys (or girls) that you can just stare at for days and night without them even having to do anything?
Hehehe I have a few. Wait wait… a bunch! Here goes the list: MBLAQ GO (of course!), Yoo Seung Ho (of course!), SuJu SiWon (of course!), SuJu Donghae, Ji Chang Wook, Shim Min Ah, Kim Soo Hyun, Sung Joon….wow, can I go on?
2. If I were to visit you in your city/country, what activity/touristy thing would you want to do? (If you want to, please include where that might be)
Easy! I love planes! Anything that fly, I love it the most! Unfortunately, it is about 45 miles away from where I live but guess what? I do not care! My son doesn’t care either. We are literally there 6/7 times in the summer time! The place is called Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum, Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy Center. It’s free to enter and get ready to be blown away by all the magnificent air beasts there. The retired Discovery? It’s there. Ooooh yeah *winks*
3. What is your favourite K-drama (or K-pop) trope?
MBLAQ! Enough said.
4. What is your favourite Korean food? (Or if you haven’t eaten Korean food, just your favourite food)
I love bibimbap. I pretty much eat it all the time. I also love sundubu jjigae. Yum!
5. (And I did ask this question last time) Please recommend a K-drama (or Korean film) for me to watch. You can see which dramas and films I have already watched on our ratings page (I’m the one who writes in blue).
I just saw Boomerang Family on the plane last month! You must watch it! You must you must you must!
Okay, here are my nominees:
1. Zombie Mamma and crew from the Zombie Mamma
2. Fotini from the Bright Little World
3. Su from the SuLovesDrama
4. Mimi and Mary from the The Talking Cupboard
5. Betsy from the Creating Volumes
6. Zhaoul from the KDrama Dreamer
7. Rara-Pop from the Rara-Pop
8. And by request… Redbeanmochi and Greengrassjelly from the Give Me Dramas
My questions are:
1. Do you kpop/cpop/twpop/jpop? If yes, share with me few of your favorite singers and/or groups.
2. What is your current krack drama at the moment?
3. If you can spend a day shopping or grocery shopping with your favorite star, who would it be?
4. If you’re given a chance to spend time in a drama set, which drama would it be and why?
5. Which 3 drama OST’s did you love? Did you love the drama itself or you just love the OST?
6. Who are the most annoying actors and actresses in dramaland?
7. Who is the most fashionable k-star/c-star/tw-star/j-star?
8. Name your favorite bromance/sistermance from dramaland.
9. Name one drama you love to rewatch again and again and again.
10. If you can marry your bias, who would it be?